Wood furniture is the definite choice of those who want to give their patio or backyard a classic ambiance. Sadly, for those with a limited budget, this choice can be costly. If you want to give your patio an exquisite look without breaking your budget, then a good alternative is to use rattan garden furniture. This option is becoming popular for those designing or upgrading their backyard. And with the right outside garden lights, you will surely never want to leave
Rattan Garden Furniture Overview
Rattan Garden Furniture
Compared to wood, rattan furniture offers you a myriad of choice. Currently, you will see rattan sofa sets, loungers, corner sofa sets, and dining sets. To give you an idea of the various products available in the market today, here is our list of the latest rattan garden furniture.
1) Go Plus 4 Piece Rattan Patio Furniture Set
- 【Sturdy & Attractive】 Constructed from strong powder coated steel frame and commercial grade hand woven weather-resistant PE rattan wicker in a gradient shades of coffee creating a whole new look and feel for your patio set.
- 【Tempered Glass】 Table with removable tempered glass adds a sophisticated touch and allows you to places drinks, meals, or any other decorative items on top.
- 【Easy to Clean】 Removable seat cushions with 200g zipped polyester cover for easy cleaning; Tempered glass on the table adds more convenience to clean after use.
- 【A Great Addition to Any Compact Space】 Great buy for a small deck, patio, balconies, apartment, terrace, breakfast nooks or pool side.
2) Outsunny 7 Piece Patio Rattan Sofa Set
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: This sectional is constructed from a rust-resistant steel frame and PE Rattan Wicker. Rattan is more durable and long lasting than traditional wicker making this piece more heat and weather resistant than similar wicker furniture.
- VERSATILE LAYOUTS: The Outsunny 7pc Rattan Wicker Sectional comes with 2 corner sofas, 4 middle armless sofas and 1 coffee table, cushions and throw pillows are also included to complete this set. Choose from a variety of different layouts and combinations as you prefer.
- CHIC AND TRENDY: Contemporary, clean lines and sleek angles create a modern centerpiece to any outdoor setting. The coffee brown rattan finish stylishly complements the cream white cushions while the two red accent pillows add a pop of color.
- STYLISH CENTER TABLE: A large square rattan table creates a centerpiece for the sectional. An ideal place to set beverage, reading materials or even play games. This beautiful center table is covered with a 5mm thick tempered glass topper for both style and ease of cleaning.
- FUNCTIONAL COMFORT: Extra-deep, low modern seating and thick back-support cushions create the ultimate outdoor seating experience. Cushions are connected with buckles to prevent from moving and being blown away. Covers are easily removed for cleaning and maintenance.
3) Devoko 3 Piece Rattan Garden Furniture Set
- -High quality strong steel frame with waterproof PE rattan wicker Patio furniture set
- -This patio furniture set include: 1 tea table (15.75"*15.75"*17.75"(L*W*H)) 2 chairs (21.5"*19.5"*33.5"(L*W*H))
- -Good choice for patio, porch, backyard, balcony, poolside, garden and other suitable space in your home
- -Assemble easily and no need to maintenance, no worry to split, crack, fade, rot and deteriorate
- -Offering free replacement or refund with any quality problems in 30 days; Free for damaged/defective parts in 1 year
4) Grand Patio 3 Piece Weather Resistant Outdoor Furniture Set
- Parma outdoor table and chairs is made of powder coated strong steel frames and weather resistant resin wicker, making it perfect for patio, balcony, Terrace, Apartment, garden, Beach and so on.
- Sturdy yet lightweight construction with oval steel tube. Each chairs can hold up to 300lbs respectively.
- No assembly required! Come to use and fold smoothly, also very portable, bring the convenience to your furniture storage and save your space.
- Easy to maintain, clean with a wet Cloth. Environmental friendly.
- Package includes 1 square table and 2 chairs. Size of Table: 23.6"(W) X 23.6"(D) X 28.3"(H). Chairs: 17.3"(W) X23.2"(D) X 33"(H).
5) Tangkula 5 Piece PE Wicker Rattan All Weather Balcony Set
- 【Luxurious Style & Upgrade Comfort】 The conversation set includes 2 single sofas, 2 ottomans and 1 coffee table. The set provides relaxation for 2-4 people. 4" thickness cushions will offer comfortable experience.
- 【Sturdy Material & Attractive Appearance 】The set is made of high quality PE wicker and sturdy steel frame. The set is perfect for outdoor usage, and the weight capacity is up to 250 lbs. It will meet daily use.
- 【Easy to Clean & Variety Formation】All cushions come with zippered covers which are removable and washable by washing machine. With wet cloth you can wipe dust or blot on the glass table top in seconds. And you can put the pieces in variety formation as you like.
- 【Package & Shipping】There are 2 boxes. All the package is shipped by ups. And our warehouse is in America, the shipping takes about 3-6 Business days. All hardware and tools are also included.
- 【Customer service & Guarantee】With the instruction it's easy to assemble. But if there is any questions plz feel free to contact with us, our experienced customer service team will response in 24 hours. We packed this set as good as we can, if there is any part missing or damaged during shipping, please contact us first and offer us pictures of damaged part, we will solve the problem as the way you want(replacement at no charge or discount).
6) Best Choice Products 7 Piece Outdoor Rattan Sectional Set
- MODULAR WICKER SECTIONAL: Customize it to match your patio or deck and change it whenever you want! The set includes 4 single chairs, 2 corner chairs, 1 table with a tempered glass top, cushions, 2 accent pillows, protective cover, cover carrying bag, and seat fastener clips
- DURABLE DESIGN: A sturdy, rust-resistant powder-coated steel frame and high-quality wicker will make this set a mainstay in your patio for years
- PROTECTIVE COVER INCLUDED: Made with water-resistant coating, durable stitching, adjustable hem cords for a snug fit, padded handles for comfort, and air vents to reduce condensation and prevent wind lofting (cover storage bag included)
- COMFORTABLE CUSHIONS: Plush, padded cushions provide a comfy way to relax, and they have removable, machine-washable covers that are easy to clean and maintain
- MINIMAL ASSEMBLY AND EASY SETUP: Simply attach the feet, and use 10 included seat fastener clips to secure the chairs together from the bottom which keeps them from separating during use; TABLE DIMENSIONS: 26.5"(L) x 26.5"(W) x 13"(H); Sofa Capacity: 360 lbs. (each)
Rattan Garden Inspiration
Again, with rattan as your furniture material, you will never run out of gardening design ideas. Take a look at a few of our rattan garden inspirations.
Rattan Garden Furniture Frequently Asked Questions
Do you want to know more about this sturdy material? Here we answer for you frequently asked questions about rattan.
How to look after rattan garden furniture
An advantage in choosing rattan furniture is that this product is low maintenance. You will hardly need any effort in keeping it in good condition or keeping it clean.
In any case, when handling natural rattan, you can use a hard brush or a vacuum cleaner to pry dirt such as moss or mud. See to it that you gently scrub the surface to avoid damaging your furniture. If there are hard to reach areas, you can use a toothbrush to clean it. After prying off the dirt, dip a clothe or sponge in soapy water. Squeeze the excess water and wipe your rattan furniture. Next, repeat the process with just water then dry your rattan garden furniture with a clean clothe.
On the other hand, with synthetic rattan you can splash the soapy water directly on your furniture. When rinsing, you can use a garden hose to clean it, however, refrain from using any pressure-washer to avoid destroying the furniture’s finish. Once finished with rinsing, you can leave it outside to dry naturally.
How to assemble rattan garden furniture
While your furniture comes with instructions, sometimes assembling it can be perplexing. Follow these simple steps to guide you in installing your rattan furniture:
- See to it that you sort and distinguish every part. Verify that you have a complete set of listed parts in the guide.
- Read and stick to the step by step instructions.
- Use a padded mat when assembling to prevent any scrapes.
- Only fasten screws when assembly is thoroughly complete. At the same time, avoid over tightening your bolts which can also damage your furniture.
Where does rattan come from?
Rattan is a climbing palm that comes from the local regions of Africa, Australasia, and Asia. It is a material used to make handicrafts and pieces of pieces of furniture. At present, it plays a valuable role in the livelihood of folks from the South and Southeast Asia.
What is rattan furniture?
In detail, the rattan and Arecaceae, also known as Palm trees are relatives. When it matures, you will see that it is similar to a pole. Its thickness ranges from 1 to 3 inches.
However, the rattan is different from a bamboo pole because of its tough core which results to its being strong and resilient. Upon harvesting its core and vertical grains, it is then trimmed to small portions and steamed to give a variety of figures. Its peel which is the outer skin of the pole is mainly utilized in combining the furniture joints.
Can rattan furniture be left outside?
Provided that you have a high-quality synthetic rattan furniture, this kind is weatherproof and safe to leave outdoors during winter.
Remember though that you can maintain its tip-top shape when you keep it covered. If you own a rattan furniture set, you can position it together and cover it as one so it will not be ruined during a storm. To prepare for the winter, see to it that your furniture is clean and dry before placing your cover. In case you use cushions, do not forget to remove it and store properly.
In the event that you don’t have a cover yet make sure to purchase one that securely fits your furniture. The problem with a loose cover is that it will flutter around during a strong wind and can possibly tear when it gets caught in the furniture. Once you have a fitting furniture cover make sure to properly tie it to its legs.
Is rattan furniture waterproof?
Another type of rattan is Resin Rattan which is built from Resin or plastic rather than the genuine rattan cane. A resin rattan furniture consists of aluminum frames and a mesh woven to appear like the rattan palm. With this kind of material, you have
Can you put garden furniture on grass?
There are a lot of people now that use artificial grass on their garden. It is a smart way to save on time and money you spend on garden maintenance. In evenly positioning your rattan garden furniture, you can rest assure that it will not cause any harm to your grass.
What is the best time to buy outdoor furniture?
Meanwhile, you can save a lot on rattan furniture during the months of August to October. Ordinarily, these are periods that stores conduct its clearing out sale to give way to its fall inventory.
Typically, discounts approximately start at 20% off as early as August. However, by October which is really further into the summer, you can obtain savings as much as 70% off. Take note though there is a drawback in waiting for these seasons. Of course, during these times you will find a fewer selection especially when the season is almost fall.
What’s the difference between rattan and wicker furniture?
Presently, you will hear people even a few retailers use the term rattan and wicker interchangeably. True, these two falls under a common category, however, there are notable difference.
As mentioned earlier, rattan is a kind of vine which is a close kin of the palm tree. Meantime know that wicker is not a tangible raw material but a traditional method one uses to produce goods out of rattan core, willow, and more. During this process, the specific material is wet so that a person can quickly weave a wicker style furniture.
To be clear, rattan furniture is built from rattan material only. On one hand, wicker furniture can come from various materials such as straw, bamboo, and in some cases rattan. Right now, manufacturers also use a synthetic resource in producing pieces of wicker furniture.
Which is better wicker or rattan?
Based on robustness and versatility, rattan is better than wicker furniture. Rattan has a resilient core and is available in a variety of earthy colors. Alternatively, the durability of wicker furniture will depend on the material chosen in producing the furniture.
Can rattan furniture get wet?
If you have weatherproof rattan furniture, then yes getting it wet is not a problem. Not sure if you have a piece of weatherproof furniture? First of all, check the materials used in your furniture. If the manufacturer indicates the furniture has a UV stabilized synthetic rattan weave then it is sturdy to leave outside to get wet. Moreover, does your furniture have aluminum frames? If it does, aluminum does not rust and it can get wet without harming it.
Is Rattan the same as bamboo?
Important to realize is that rattan and bamboo are different. First of all, know that you can’t bend bamboo while rattan is pliable. Besides this, while rattan is strong bamboo is hollow in the middle. Having said that, you can verify if your furniture is bamboo or rattan by seeing if the canes are bent. If yes, then you have a rattan furniture.
Should rattan furniture be covered?
Notably, a high-quality rattan garden furniture is safe to leave outside during winter since its weave can withstand the changing weather and UV rays. However, if you want your furniture looking brand new we advise that you purchase a cover to shield it from harmful elements.
How do I protect my rattan furniture?
One way to protect furniture is to apply polyurethane in either oil-based or water-based. In applying a coat of polyurethane, not only are you adding to the resiliency of your furniture but you are also protecting it as well.
In case you leave your rattan furniture outside, see to it that you purchase a polyurethane intended for outdoor use so that the finish can withstand moisture, sunlight, and weather changes.
Can rattan furniture be painted?
Certainly, to give life to your rattan furniture you can paint it with earthy colors or even bold ones! To make sure you coat the color evenly try using a spray paint. In doing this, you can be sure that the paint will not turn into goo, gather in corners, or run.
Is rattan a plastic?
Your rattan furniture can be either natural or synthetic. While of course, natural rattan furniture has a certain charm to it,
In the meantime, you can leave your synthetic rattan furniture outdoors since it can withstand the harsh weather elements.
Is rattan a wood?
Uniquely, when you trim rattan into sections you can use it as wood to produce furniture. Like wood, you can stain and paint rattan so that you can give it various shades and styles.
How do you weatherproof a rattan?
Again, you can weatherproof your rattan furniture by applying three coats of varnish. Before applying the varnish, you can gently sand it with a thin grain sandpaper to ensure it has a good surface to stick to.
How do I keep my rattan from drying out?
To prevent your rattan furniture from drying out, see to it that you use a mist every three weeks. Avoid drenching your furniture. When misting, position the bottle 3 feet away and spray. Allow mist to settle.
Furthermore, to keep dirt from gathering in corners make sure to dust and vacuum regularly. Likewise, you can get rid of mildew by using an oil soap.
How do you restore a faded rattan?
Different from synthetic rattan, you can restore natural rattan furniture that is faded. You can successfully do this by applying three coats of tinted varnish or alternatively two fine coats of oil-based undercoat, plus two fine coats of oil-based top coat.
Similarly, apply a new coat of paint or varnish every other year.
Is rattan furniture durable?
As previously mentioned, your rattan garden furniture is dependable and resilient. While synthetic rattan is safe to leave outdoors, again to protect your furniture use a cover to make sure you can enjoy it for a long time.
Overall, choosing a piece of rattan garden furniture is a good decision. With its noted durability, you can be sure you have a piece of furniture that will last a lifetime. To make sure that you have a decent rattan on your hands, see to it that it has a snug weave, minus any strands sticking out and jagged corners. Likewise, check if the furniture has UV protection, otherwise, your piece of furniture will easily break and crack.
Nancy Drew here. I am a biologist. I love all living things, but plants have a special place in my heart. I aim to bring plants and YOU closer again. In this modern day, plants are easily the most neglected home and garden design necessity. For the most unacceptable reason, ‘Oh, I don’t know how to take care of them’ or ‘Oh, I don’t have a green thumb’. When in fact, plants can be your pet and they require less maintenance than any pet you’ll ever have. Ok, maybe I’m being pushy. But hey, if there’s one thing I want to tell you, it is that plants aren’t intimidating if you have the necessary knowledge for them. That’s why I’m here. I will share everthing I know about my beloved plants and hopefully you decide to adopt one in your home. You know, for fresh air, something to talk to sometimes, and possibly an instant destresser. Yes, I talk to my plants. A lot actually! If you got any concerns about planting, please don’t hesitate to message me.